Monday, April 16, 2007

Pantry Organization

My pantry is completely unorganized, leading to a variety of issues. One is that I have a hard time knowing what I have on hand, so I sometimes wind up with duplicate (or even triplicate) items accidentally. Or I know that I have something, I've seen it a million times. Except for the time that I need it for a recipe or a meal, and I can't find it anywhere. So I make a substitution only to find it as soon as I don't need it anymore.

I need to find a better way to organize. It doesn't help that my two mischievous helpful children frequently rearrange whatever they can get their little hands on. But still. There has to be a more efficient, more orderly way, to keep track of what I have on hand, and to know where to find it. Right? Perhaps it would be helpful if I didn't have three different pantry spaces. (The teeny-tiny built in pantry, the shelves we put up in the laundry room, and additional shelves in the garage that I use for non-perishables.) Maybe one of these days...

No comments: